Following an injury or surgery, rehabilitation helps to make sure your results last.
For any patient recovering from an injury or surgery, it would be a mistake to jump back into regular activities without first rehabilitating. When done with your doctor’s supervision, rehabilitation safely and effectively eases your body into its best healed state. Rehabilitation can be helpful following:
- Joint replacement
CONTACT US TODAY
We also work with patients on pre-operative rehabilitation, during which you are prepared for your procedure.
After your injury or surgery, it is likely that you will not be able to return to normal activities immediately. You may need to use a wheelchair, crutches, or a splint at first in order to prevent movement of certain areas.
- Stretching exercises to improve muscle function
- Massage to relieve tension and improve blood flow
- Heat therapy to soothe the area and encourage healing
- Physical therapy to provide balance, flexibility, and strength
- Stability exercises to restore movements
Your orthopedic doctor might also provide you with special exercises or techniques that you can do yourself at home to maintain your rehabilitation.