As a premier orthopedic surgery center of Orange County, Orange County Orthopedics provides treatments for a wide range of orthopedic conditions. Contact us today to see how wecna bring you relief from conditions caused from overuse, genetics, sporting injuries, and more. We see patients in southern California for conditions such as:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome – Occurs when the nerve that runs from your forearm to wrist becomes compressed
- Golfer’s elbow and tennis elbow – Inflammation of the tendons inside and outside your elbow, respectively
- Ankle sprains – Occurs when your ankle’s ligament stretches beyond its limits
- Achilles tendonitis – Irritation of the Achilles tendon
- Plantar fasciitis – Inflammation of the plantar fascia, a band that supports your foot’s arch
- Osteoarthritis of the hip – Wear and tear of the hip joint
- Torn ACL – A tear of the anterior cruciate ligament, located in the knee
- Hamstring strain – Injuring one of the muscles in the back of the thigh
- Runner’s knee – Pain in the knee, common in runners and athletes
- Spinal stenosis – The narrowing of the spinal cord
- Broken bones – These injuries are typically caused by a direct hit or a fall, and can occur anywhere on the body (even the collarbone)
- Bursitis – The bursas are small sacs that reduce friction between tissue and bone, and they can become inflamed
- Tendon tears – These can occur anywhere on the body where tendons attach bone to muscle
- Rotator cuff tears – This is a tear in the group of tendons or muscles that secure the upper arm to the shoulder
Essentially, our orthopedic surgery center of Orange County sees patients for any conditions or injuries that relate to the musculoskeletal system. If you are unsure whether or not we can help you with your problem, call our office to describe your symptoms to one of our staff members. Oftentimes, your family doctor may refer you to our office for additional care if your symptoms point to a deeper orthopedic condition.
How do I know when it’s time to see a doctor?
It’s not uncommon to wonder when you need to see a doctor for an injury or for pain and discomfort that you are experiencing. Generally, we recommend scheduling an examination and consultation for any issues. Even things that seem to be only minor discomfort can be the beginning signs of a serious orthopedic issue. In these cases, quick treatment is very important and necessary if you want to experience full relief.
Contact our orthopedic surgery center of Orange County if you notice anything wrong with your bones, muscles, or joints. This can include weakness, discomfort, pain, numbness, decreased range of motion, sensitivity to temperatures, and even changes to the appearance of parts of your body (like redness or swelling).
If you experience an injury due to sports or a fall or accident, apply ice for 20 minutes at a time in order to reduce swelling and call our office. Even minor injuries that do not seem serious should be evaluated to prevent further injury that can occur if you are not careful. For example, rolling you ankle while going for a walk can turn into a repetitive ankle injury if you do not receive the right professional care and recommendations. When your health and ability to move and complete daily activities is on the line, it is best not to take any chances with your body and care. Our office can even provide you with things to try while you wait for your scheduled appointment.