Sometimes, the best care for our patients involves the use of medications. All medications, both over-the-counter and prescription, will be supervised by one of our orthopedic doctors and will be part of the bigger picture of your care.
Some of the medications we may suggest and prescribe for you include:
- Anti-migraine – Used to relieve pain and other symptoms experienced by migraine headaches
- Anti-anxiety – These drugs can be used to relieve muscle pain
- Antidepressants – These medications can help to relieve sleep problems, pain, and chronic fatigue
- Anticonvulsants – These medications can help to relieve pain that is caused by trigeminal neuralgia
- Opioids and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs – These are used to help relieve pain and discomfort.
Your orthopedic doctor might determine that medications are best while you are working on your care plan, or even after an orthopedic procedure.